Organization: United States Solar Corporation (“US Solar”)
Position Type: Full-time, Part-time, and/or Temporary
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Employer Description: US Solar is a developer and owner/operator of solar projects, specializing in community solar markets.
The Construction Project Manager (CPM) is responsible for managing EPC Contracts for the delivery of ground mount and rooftop photovoltaic solar systems. The primary responsibilities of this position includes managing contracts with subcontractors and suppliers, obtaining interconnection and construction related permits, completing feasibility analysis, ensuring compliance with construction cost estimate and schedule, and providing updates to leadership. Experience with contract management, supplier management and construction project management is essential. Knowledge of structural building codes, electrical building codes, and integrated photovoltaic system applications is highly desirable.
The CPM will be responsible to coordinate with subcontractors, system hardware suppliers and system integration partners, as required, to provide the end customer with a ‘turn-key’ photovoltaic solar system.
- Direct and manage program/project development from beginning to end.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to internal and external team members in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- Confers with engineers, managers, customers, and others to discuss the project, prepare project technical proposals and documents.
- Schedules due dates for drawings, specifications, software, technical manuals, and other documents required to complete technical proposals.
- Monitors the status of the project to ensure documentation is submitted according to schedule.
- Reviews and verifies project documents for completeness, format, and compliance with contract requirements.
- Submits project proposals and documentation to management for approval, and transmits approved documents to the customer.
- Bachelor’s degree or technologist diploma in construction management, engineering or engineering technology, or a related technical discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid and effective interpersonal and communication skills (including oral, written and visual)
- Strong organizational and time management skills; the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Project and Powerpoint.
- Proficient in AutoCAD or Solid Works CAD software is desirable
- Accuracy and attention to detail a must
- Recognized as a leader who is highly proficient in developing strategies, setting goals, training, communicating, mentoring, allocating resources and fostering a strong, cohesive and effective team spirit.
- A dynamic, roll-up-the-sleeves personality, who is able to think quickly and creatively and is results-driven complemented by appropriate process orientation.
- A pragmatic businessperson who is comfortable in a collaborative and fluid environment. An individual who is capable of thinking on his/her feet and making sound decisions within compressed timelines.
- An excellent time manager, able to balance multiple projects and prioritize a broad variety of issues, initiatives and objectives concurrently.
- A self-confident, self-starter, team-oriented, high energy with ethics, integrity and finesse.
- Work will be performed in a standard office environment, in front of a computer monitor and will involve sitting, bending, standing, walking, typing, reaching.
Please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject should read “Construction Project Manager”.