Organization: United States Solar Corporation (“US Solar”)
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Employer Description: US Solar is a developer and owner/operator of solar projects, specializing in community solar markets.
The Development Project Manager role will require a combination of pure project management skills, solar development and construction experience, an understanding of contracting and project level agreements, leadership skills, and strong communication capabilities.
- Working internally with Project Development team to support the projects through the development phase;
- Working externally with engineers, vendors, contractors, and EPC teams to effectively manage and deliver projects during the construction phase on time and on budget;
- Draft scopes of work for engineers, vendors, contracts, and EPCs and participate in selection process through managing RFP process
- Manage and optimize all phases of solar design and construction project management, from initial site assessment through project closeout for assigned projects.
- Communicating and delivering status reports for internal and external stakeholders;
- Leading project meetings with EPC partners, conducting on-site meetings/inspections, and actively managing installation and acceptance testing;
- Proactively attending to potential issues associated with typical solar PV construction;
- Overseeing multiple projects in parallel and successfully meeting target goals for completion milestones.
- Monitoring performance of projects, managing relationships with O&M providers to deliver services.
- Engineering degree preferred
- 7+ years of commercial / renewable energy project management or construction is required.
- Knowledge of PV systems is strongly required.
- Strong technical, supervisory, and project management skills in construction industry.
- Ability to analyze/interpret PPAs, Bids, Permits, and government regulations.
- Strong knowledge of construction and electrical codes required.
- Strong analytical and communication skills required.
- Must be fully adept with Microsoft Office Suite and MS Project
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the organization, as well as outside stakeholders.
- Organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines.
Please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject should read “Development Project Manager”.