Organization: United States Solar Corporation (“US Solar”)
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Employer Description: US Solar is a developer and owner/operator of solar projects, specializing in community solar markets.
US Solar is looking for a Project Developer who will be responsible for originating and developing a pipeline of community solar and utility-scale solar projects, ushering projects through the development and permitting phase, originating and securing revenue contracts, and achieving meaningful installed MWs of solar capacity. This position also requires a focus on the identification of suitable sites, zoning and permitting.
- Originates new opportunities for the acquisition or green field development of new distributed and utility-scale solar projects.
- Negotiates wide range of commercial contracts required for completing development of solar projects.
- Develops target markets, go-to-market strategies, and scopes of work, defines and manages project development schedules and budgets.
- Identifies and evaluates suitable sites, structure and negotiates commercial transactions with landowners.
- Facilitates outreach with landowners, community leaders, utilities and environmental organizations.
- Educates communities on the benefits of solar.
- Ensures adherence to quality and environmental regulations.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders including, but not limited to, environmental permitting specialists, project managers, and designers to prepare and develop proposals, feasibility studies, property leases, permit packages, and responses to Request for Proposals.
- Manages the zoning, permitting, land rights entitlements, interconnection and compliance processes and will present to local authorities having jurisdiction over project approvals and key stakeholders at government agencies.
- Negotiates interconnection and other transactional documents.
- Assists the Finance team with PPA negotiations; leverage understanding of financial analysis to present pipeline close plans, budget needs, and project economics to senior and executive management (ROI, IRR, NPV, APR, etc.).
- Deliver value on a portfolio of utility-scale PV development assets through a combination of greenfield, mid-, and late-stage development, project analysis, risk reduction, and deal origination.
- Execute on projects to bring them into construction start successfully (on budget and on schedule).
- Originate off-take of power, project proposals, project financial modeling, arrangements for finance, construction and operations, and other matters;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively individually as well as with a team
- Completes work in a timely and professional manner
- Able to react quickly and thrive in quickly changing environment
- Able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Outgoing customer focus
- Excellent problem solving ability and ability to think on their feet
- Demonstrated B2B selling experience
- Understanding of and experience working with utilities on interconnection of large solar projects and land use and environmental permitting agencies is highly valued
- Detailed understanding of the technical, logistical, and regulatory requirements of originating, developing, and implementing community solar projects in the various markets
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and able to manage shifting priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to positively and effectively interact with internal and external customers
- Regular, reliable and predictable performance required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role; Solar PV experience and knowledge preferred
- Strong analytical skills with knowledge of finance/business concepts (ROI, NPV, Payback)
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the solar marketplace, technology and industry
- Experience operating with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment is preferred
Please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Email subject should read “Project Developer”.