Organization: United States Solar Corporation (“US Solar”)
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Arlington, VA or Fairfield, CT (Washington DC or NYC metro region)
Employer Description: US Solar is a developer and owner/operator of solar projects, specializing in community solar markets.
US Solar is seeking a Project Finance Analyst/Associate who will support and assist in the financing of a pipeline of community solar and small-scale utility solar projects. The finance group is responsible for interfacing with external tax equity and debt investors active in solar financing. The position will support in these activities, including, but not limited to, investor outreach materials, detailed financial analysis of financing options, and negotiating/managing transaction closings with investors. The position also requires the individual to work collaboratively with our internal project development team in our Minneapolis office. This position includes state policy/program analysis of new markets and the financial analysis as well.
This is a great opportunity for a highly-driven individual to enter a high-growth solar company with an entrepreneurial work environment. This position will interact with virtually all aspects of the business and will have an ability to contribute to broader strategic initiatives and decision making for the company.
- Support all financing activity across the company
- Evaluate potential project financing partners and the terms/economics
- Support the transaction negotiation with tax equity/debt financing partners
- Lead the due diligence and financing closing process with external providers
- Provide financial planning and analysis support for the company
- Assist the development team on early stage development opportunities
- Evaluate M&A opportunities for the company
- Prepare and maintain internal approval documentation and corporate finance trackers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills with strong working knowledge of finance/business concepts
- Self-motivated and driven to exceed expectations
- Able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization
- Completes work in a timely and professional manner
- Effective working individually as well as with a team
- Able to react quickly and problem-solve in quickly-changing environment
- Experience working with both internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, engineering, or math related field preferred
- Experience with project finance Excel models and financial statements a plus
- 1-5 years work experience after undergraduate degree preferred
- Experience in a similar role or utilizing a similar Core Proficiencies; Solar experience preferred but not required
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of and passion for the solar marketplace, technology, and industry
- Ability to interface with outside lawyers, consultants, engineers and other stakeholders required
- Ability to travel when necessary
Please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Email subject should read “Project Finance Analyst/Associate”.