Organization: United States Solar Corporation (“US Solar”)
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Employer Description: US Solar is a developer and owner/operator of solar projects, specializing in community solar markets.
US Solar is seeking to add an attorney in our Minneapolis office.
- Development: Direct and provide strategic advice on land use permitting, real estate, and utility matters; attend land use permitting meetings
- Transactional: Negotiate form site lease/purchase agreements, revenue agreements, consulting agreements, NDAs, etc.
- Regulatory: Monitor legal and regulatory developments in active markets; participate when appropriate
- Construction: Review and negotiate EPC, O&M, and equipment supply agreements
- Finance: Assist with debt, tax equity, and similar project financing agreements
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to functional business groups
Additional Ad Hoc Responsibilities
- Regulatory: Monitor legal and regulatory developments at the federal level and within identified target markets
- Corporate: Assist with general corporate strategy, development, operations, and other general corporate matters as necessary – HR, etc.
- Assist with development of stakeholder and capital markets strategy and outreach
- Proven legal experience in relevant development, transactional, and regulatory areas
- Strong work ethic
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills
- First class interpersonal and communication skills
- J.D. degree
Qualifications / Experience:
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge of data analysis software and methods.
- Direct experience in policy and regulatory analysis, preferably related to utility, energy and/or environmental policy.
- Technical understanding of renewable energy.
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, economics, environmental studies or related field.
- Knowledge of renewable energy industry.
- Experience in renewable energy consulting, state policy advocacy, or related fields.
- Experience with state utility Commission regulatory filings.
- Experiencing tracking state and federal legislative changes.
Please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Email subject should read “Senior Development Counsel”.